Protection of your privacy
What kinds of personal information do we collect?
- ‘Personal information’ is information or an opinion, in any form (whether true or not), about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection, including whether we collect the information from you as a client, supplier, stakeholder, job applicant or in some other capacity.
- For example, if you are a client or a potential client, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, other forms of identification and information about your financial circumstances, credit worthiness, credit history and the conduct of your account. We may also collect sensitive information about you. If you deal with us in some other capacity (for example, as a community representative), we may collect your name, contact details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- If we’re unable to collect your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways, including from you directly (including when you interact with us in writing, electronically or via telephone), when you visit our website or Facebook page (including when you submit a quote or contact form), when you participate in our events or promotions, when we supply products or services to you and from public sources of information and marketing which are legally acquired by us. At all times the collection of this information is obtained by lawful means in a manner that respects your privacy.
How do we use your information?
Your privacy is respected, and we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
We use personal information for a variety of purposes to effectively conduct our business, including to:
- supply our clients with products and services and to administer and manage the supply of products and services (including billing and collecting debts);
- provide our clients and prospective clients with information about us and our products and services, including how the use of our products or services can be improved;
- gain an understanding of our clients’ legal needs in order to provide better products and services and maintain our high levels of client service;
- conduct research and development;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- manage our relationships with our suppliers and stakeholders; and
- to consider job applicants for current and future employment.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under the law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
To help us carry out these activities, from time to time we may disclose personal information to other persons including:
- credit providers and agencies;
- government and regulatory authorities (as required or authorised by law);
- our professional advisors (such as auditors); and
- organisations that assist us to conduct research or analyse data.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are bound by privacy obligations in relation to your personal information.
How do we store your information?
- We may store your information in hardcopy and/or in electronic form on computer servers that are located in Australia. We take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Do we provide you with information about products and services?
- If you are a client or a potential client, we may use your personal information to provide you with information on our products, services and offers that we believe may be relevant to you or that you would be interested in, even after you cease acquiring products or services from us, and you consent to us doing so for an indefinite period of time, unless and until you opt out of receiving this information.
- You consent to us sending you the information by direct mail, email, telephone and/or SMS/MMS, unless and until you tell us not to contact you in these ways.
How can you opt out of receiving information about products and services?
How to opt out of receiving marketing communications?
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications in any of the following ways:
- by sending an email to email@example.com;
- by calling our Privacy Officer on 08 8251 6082; or
- in writing addressed to: The Privacy Officer, Battery Solar Solutions, 14 Aristotle Cl, Golden Grove SA 5125.
In some circumstances, we may need to contact you to obtain additional information, to verify your identity or to clarify your request.
Information required to opt out of receiving marketing communications.
Please let us know whether you wish to opt out of all marketing communications or marketing communications by specific contact channel(s). You may opt out of receiving marketing communications by:
- Direct Mail;
- SMS/MMS; or
- All channels.
Please provide your contact details for each of the channels you wish to stop getting marketing communications through. Note: these details are used to ensure you are not included in direct marketing lists, so please make sure your information is complete and accurate.
If you are a client, please provide your client or account numbers so that your request can be confirmed against your client details.
How do we make sure the information we hold about you is current?
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant.
Do we hold sensitive information about you?
- We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information). Sensitive information includes information about your health, your race or ethnic origin and religious beliefs. You may wish to provide to us with sensitive information about you from time to time, in the conduct of your matter or during the enquiry process.
Do we record your phone calls to us?
- We may record and monitor telephone calls between you and us for training and service quality control purposes.
How can you correct your information?
- Please let us know if the personal information we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and we will take reasonable steps to correct it, including any information relating to credit.
How can you get access to your information?
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you and we will generally provide you with access, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. For example, if providing this access may disclose information about another person, or may disclose commercially sensitive information, we may need to refuse to grant you access.
Charges may apply to cover the cost of us accessing and providing you with this information. If we cannot provide you access, we will provide a statement of our reasons.
Battery Solar Solutions websites
- Like many companies, we use ‘cookie’ technology on our website. ’Cookies’ are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, store registration data, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the website, allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements.
- Cookies are not programs that come onto your system and damage files. In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you and, if that is the case, we will extend the same privacy protections to that information as we do to other personal information we collect about you.
- You can disable cookies or be warned when cookies are being used by adjusting your internet browser settings. However, disabling cookies may mean that you are not able to access parts of our website or to take advantage of the improved user experience that cookies can help provide.
- Visiting our website – When you visit our website, in addition to any personal information you submit (e.g. for a quote or in a contact form), a record of your visit will be recorded. This record may include the following types of information:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (e.g. .net.au);
- the date and time of the visit;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the address of any website that linked you directly to our site; and
- when you email us we will record your email address.
- Third party websites
- Our website may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content and the privacy practices of third party websites and do not endorse or authorise their content.
Can the ways in which we use your information and the conditions of use be changed?
What if you have a complaint?
- Please contact the Privacy Officer using the details below if you have any concerns or complaints about the way we have collected or handled your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact us
You can contact us at the address below to:
- arrange access to personal information about you;
- enquire generally about privacy matters; and
The Privacy Officer
Battery Solar Solutions
14 Aristotle Cl, Golden Grove SA 5125
Updated: 12 September 2018